View Profile tylerghardin

13 movie Reviews with Responses

All 51 Reviews

wait, are you saying smartphones are bad? i've never seen this before! star and a half for effort, good job art-wise

promising! keep it up.

olive6608 responds:

Thanks!

this is super good! the early sections reminded me of old popeye cartoons with the music matching the animation and the construction setting. the rest was golden too. excellent work

antdung responds:

I was going for the old Mickey Mouse Cartoons :)

i clicked on this 'cause i like the simple, appealing art style but was disappointed with it still. it's a one-joke premise, which is fine, but that joke has been done before. i feel like some recent comedian did it. either way, okay stuff, i just would like to see longer, more original things.

RansomniacNG responds:

Disappointed to hear you've heard this joke before since as far as I was aware it was a completely original idea. I actually wrote it years ago as a throwaway gag in a script and just decided recently to pilfer it and make it into its own short. As for the the length - I have a feeling you're probably just not going to like my content in general then... I like these short, stupid ideas and I'm already working on the next one. To each their own, I guess. Sorry this didn't hit the mark for you. Cheers for the comment and I'm glad you like the art style, at any rate.

this is awesome, and i can't wait to see where you're going with it.

NathanPuray responds:

Thanks Tyler! :) More to come!

this is downright excellent. a lot of online animations seem to neglect to tell a complete story and you do so and make it slightly affecting as well (which I'm a big fan of). I clicked because of your art style too, which is refined and functional (I'm not a character design man, it isn't my personal strong strength, but I'd like to think I know it when I see it. what I'm saying is it's good).

this was a really good short and I am excited to see more from you. your animation was very simple but felt just right, like it served the designs and bg's and colors (which also were great) very well. a very specific note of mine: I like your use of a wider, more cinematic aspect ratio! not enough people play around with that stuff, and I feel it helps tell the story here, which is the best thing it can do.

sorry for rambling but this was super good and I loved it.

TheSilleGuy responds:

Thank you so much man! It means a lot! :)

good stuff! super funny.

funymony responds:

Thanks! <:

i like this a lot man. wonderful colors, music, and designs.

digsBot responds:

Yo dude! Appreicate it man! Yeah although it was short, I took a different route and focused more on the designs and color theme a lot.

this is cute! i'd love to see some longer stuff. animation's nice, although it could be a tad more expressive (i could work on this as well, so i'm not being a jerk, lol!) it just looks a little automated in some areas (i can tell in some areas of staging you're trying to avoid having to re-draw things entirely), especially in caleb's walk-away at the end. there's no bounce to it like a regular walk cycle would have, he just slides across the bottom of the screen. speaking of staging, it's actually quite nice here, a refreshing change of pace from usual stuff. character designs are cute and solid too, so i like. i'm looking forward to more from you!

CalebJordan360 responds:

Thank you! Also yeah I'm definitely trying to work on my characters being more expressive, along with small details like the bouncing when walking. Personally I'm not satisfied with my backgrounds...i really want to try and make them seem more alive, if you know what i mean...I mean i have a whole year to perfect these things but...i like your cartoons too btw :DD

hey i really liked this! your animation is really strong and funny, and i liked the way you boarded a lot of it too. designs are really appealing and the writing was really good too. i love the ending. i saw you said you were going to do a 10-20 minute series... that's crazy ambitious! i've got an upcoming webseries i'm gonna make that i initially wanted to be 20 minutes, but after working on a 20-minute animation in progress right now (the first part of which is now on here)... it takes a lot out of you. if you wind up going the 20-minute route i will be your #1 supporter because that is badass and really ambitious. good stuff.

Scott-Falco responds:

When I do make those 20 min episodes I'll have a small team and a window bigger than a month

hi! i'm tyler and i make animations and comics.

25, Male